Thank you for clicking for a free 15-minute consult.
Starting this process can be daunting – and yet we know that one of the greatest predictors of success in therapy is what we call a “therapeutic alliance” – or the relationship between you and your therapist.
Your 15-minute free consult is a great chance to ask questions of your therapist to make sure that it’s a good fit. Be prepared to give a quick overview of your reason for calling – the problem, where and when it started, and how it’s affecting you. Consider questions like:
- What history of success does the clinician have with my concerns?
- What can I expect from a normal session?
- How are insurance claims handled? How can I tell how much I will need to pay?
- How easy is it to contact the therapist between sessions if I need to reschedule or get information to them? What if I’m in crisis?
- Does the clinician understand my values? (religion, culture, socioeconomics, gender, sexuality)
When you’re ready, click the button to schedule. You’ll select “New Client”, your clinician, the “Free 15-Minute Consultation”, the location (either phone for a plain phone call or “Integrated Teletherapy” for a video), and then select a date and time that work for you.
Please note: due to license restrictions, clients (and potential clients) must be located in Ohio. By signing up for the consultation, you agree that you understand that therapists are mandated reporters and must report any suspicions of abuse or neglect of a child, elderly person, or animal. Also, a consult is NOT a guarantee of services. Therapists will only take clients if their schedule and expertise are able to provide the best quality services.