Matthew E. Morgan, MA, LPCC
Podcast Host and Author
Podcast host Matthew E. Morgan is a licensed professional clinical counselor (LPCC) in Ohio, a licensed minister with the Ohio Ministry Network of the Assemblies of God, and loves to combine his worlds with faith-driven counseling. Matthew provides online counseling services to individuals and families through his practice, Covenant Family Wellness.
Matthew has served a variety of jobs before being a podcast host including a teacher, youth pastor, and a really short stint trying to do stand up comedy.
He has been married to his wife Martha for over 20 years. After battling interfertility for 13 years, the two of them welcomed the unexpected blessing of a son have been adjusting to life with a hurricane of noise and dirt – and wouldn’t trade it for anything.
Matthew is the author of a speculative fiction novel, ShadowLight and a novella entitled Only Two Came Back. He is the co-author of 141 Days: Bike for Christ with Michael Baker. You can find more about him as an author here! He is also an accomplished singer in the shower … but has a limited audience for that one.
Podcast Host Matthew Morgan's Random Favorites
- Nickname: Matthew (yeah, pretty boring – I actually prefer my first name)
- Food: Pizza with lots of veggies
- Saying or phrase: Don’t have a favorite, but anything I can say with sarcasm
- Drink: Coffee. Black. Strong.
- Sport to
watch:Ohio State Football! Go Bucks!
- Sport to play: Love paintball but haven’t played in ages
- Ice cream: Vanilla – but covered in crushed up Cinnamon Chex, drizzled with honey, and sprinkled with cinnamon
- TV show: All
time? Babylon 5. Love the reboot of Battlestar: Galactica too. Currently powering through Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (notice a trend)
- Movies: Last of the Mohicans, Sahara, Serenity, Spaceballs, Lord of the Rings (all – don’t make me choose)
- Favorite books: Also Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, A Tale of Two Cities
- Fast food: I have Celiac level gluten issues, so I don’t eat out often. When I do – it’s to a few Chipotle’s that I know and trust.
- Breakfast: On Saturday – Fruity Pebbles. Every other day, eggs and spinach or broccoli.
- Comic strip: Easily “Calvin & Hobbes:
- Car: Favorite: 1968 Camaro. Current? 1996 Civic. Pretty close to each other.
- Sandwich: Before going gluten-free – a very well-executed Ruben. Also, my least favorite when poorly-executed.
- Sound: My son’s proper belly laugh
- Vacation Destination: Always a fan of Disney. So much to do.
- Historical Person: Whoever was a curator at the Library of Alexandria – I would love to know all they saw