Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts (
Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts (SYMBIS)
Matthew E. Morgan is a trained SYMBIS facilitator. “Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts” is an evidence-based premarital assessment and counseling system that can be completed in one longer session or over a longer course.
Couples complete the assessment on any device and then come together (online) for discussion to find attitudes towards marriage, communication and personality styles, and talking points designed to increase the attachment of a couple going into a relationship.
With Covenant’s online format, couples can be together at one computer or we can all meet in separate venues together.
Benefits of Online Premarital Counseling
- Pre-Marital Counseling can increase marital satisfaction by 31%
- 86% of Americans over 18 say all couples considering marriage should get premarriage
- Pre-Marital Counseling can decrease the chances for a divorce by 30%
- $4,000-$20,000: the potential cost of a divorce in Ohio
- 76% of married couples say they wish they had pre-marriage education.
- Couples who do not receive pre-marriage education are more likely to see their problems as atypical and unsolvable.
- 41% of divorced couples say lack of pre-marriage preparation contributed to their divorce.
Covenant Family Wellness can offer personalized classes to help a couple start their marriage off in the best way possible. The SYMBIS Assessment is great for:
- Dating couples seeking marriage
- Newlywed Couples
- Remarriages and Blended Families
The SYMBIS Sessions can be one prolonged session or spread over several weeks and time slots are available for weekends or evenings for those who need them.
Online Premarital Counseling at Covenant consists of
1) A short consultation (15 minutes) via a secure online portal to make sure that this is a good fit (optional).
2) Completing the SYMBIS assessment on your own
3) Meeting together for your chosen number of sessions and take things at an appropriate pace.
Contact CFW for more information
Costs for Online Premarital Counseling
At Covenant, we love marriages and believe strongly in starting things off in the best way possible. As a result, we offer three packages of online premarital counseling to best help different types of couples. These are offered at a discount to our normal therapy rates, but payment is due ahead of time.
- Eight 60-minute sessions or five 90-minute sessions
- SYMBIS Assessment & Electronic Report
- Five – 60-minute sessions or three 90-minute sessions
- SYMBIS Assessment and Electronic Report
- Three 60-minute sessions or two 90-minute sessions
- SYMBIS Assessment & Electronic Report
Leave A Message
Keep in Touch
Frequently Asked Questions about Teletherapy
What happens if either internet connection goes down?
That happens – and power lines go down at an office – but we will set a backup. We can reconnect by cell phones – either audio or video or we’ll reschedule if needed.
Do you take my insurance?
At this time, we are out-of-network for insurance. Between high-deductible plans, closed insurance panels, the lack of teletherapy support, and mostly some major concerns over personal privacy, we found it more beneficial to let clients control their own billing. We will provide a “Superbill” (a specialized receipt you can submit to your insurance) via email to be reimbursed for out-of-network expenses.
What if there’s a emergency?
We’re based in Columbus, so we know most of the emergency services in this area. If you’re out of the region, we’ll make sure that get the names of emergency services and an emergency contact for you. If you are at the point of needing help, we’ll make sure that we can get it for you.
What Equipment / Speed do I need?
We use a professional microphone set up with headphones for privacy and have a pretty decent sized internet connection. You only need a camera, a microphone, and a connection 10mbs or better (most internet providers are at least this). If you wonder if your setup is enough, sign up for the free