We respect the myriad of other clinicians in Reynoldsburg, Pickerington, and the eastern Columbus area – we are a group of hard-working professionals who want to provide you with the necessary information and motivations to change your life and make your family better. We encourage people to consider any choice to enter into therapy as an INVESTMENT into the lives of the people who matter most to you.
As such, we’ve chosen at this point to be managed-care free (see why to the right). We can easily provide a bill with a diagnosis code and proper insurance coding (also called a “superbill”) that will assist you in making a claim yourself. Be sure to check with your provider for out-of-network benefits.
Payments can be made by cash, check, or Visa / MasterCard / Discover / AmEx. We also accept PayPal payments. If you need another method, please let us know.
Many times insurance can be helpful, but other times it can be limiting and invasive. In making the decision not to accept insurance, we considered:
1) Your Privacy: not billing insurance directly gives YOU the option of handling your private health data. You can reduce the risk of having insurance premiums rise because of a diagnosis.
2) Our Faith and Wellness Approach: insurance claims require something to be “broken” (i.e. diagnosis/treatment model) and will not always pay for wellness, coaching, and strength-building. It also generally won’t pay for spiritual counseling specifically.
3) Personal Power and Responsibility: When you’re in charge of your bill, you’re in charge of your treatment. Insurance companies can’t dictate when, where, how, and how much treatment is necessary. Plus not billing insurance reduces the risks of getting an unexpected bill or denial of service.
4) Family Therapy: Many times marriage therapy is not covered by insurance. By not billing insurances, we are able to pass cost-savings on to the client.
Note: We have temporarily lowered our rates to celebrate our
Initial Diagnosisand Assessment
- *Note: We do not charge extra for intake paperwork. We have an extensive system that helps to streamline this one – with your help
- Review of Initial Paperwork, symptom, and family history
- Analyze Current Stressors
- Diagnosis (if needed)
Regular AppointmentFull hour
- A You-Focused Hour
- Review Symptoms and Present Concerns
- Provide coping skills or goal-oriented insights
- Superbill provided if needed
- Great for a quick check-in or review
- Online Session
- Superbill Provided (if needed)
- Recommended for short visits between sessions (check up) or for maintenance after sessions are complete.
Leave A Message
or call (614) 705-0626
Keep in Touch
Frequently Asked Questions about Teletherapy
What happens if either internet connection goes down?
That happens – and power lines go down at an office – but we will set a backup. We can reconnect by cell phones – either audio or video or we’ll reschedule if needed.
Do you take my insurance?
At this time, we are out-of-network for insurance. Between high-deductible plans, closed insurance panels, the lack of teletherapy support, and mostly some major concerns over personal privacy, we found it more beneficial to let clients control their own billing. We will provide a “Superbill” (a specialized receipt you can submit to your insurance) via email to be reimbursed for out-of-network expenses.
What if there’s a emergency?
We’re based in Columbus, so we know most of the emergency services in this area. If you’re out of the region, we’ll make sure that get the names of emergency services and an emergency contact for you. If you are at the point of needing help, we’ll make sure that we can get it for you.
What Equipment / Speed do I need?
We use a professional microphone set up with headphones for privacy and have a pretty decent sized internet connection. You only need a camera, a microphone, and a connection 10mbs or better (most internet providers are at least this). If you wonder if your setup is enough, sign up for the free